You want to make an urgent transaction from your PayPal account and when you navigate to its website, and what you find out is that you cannot visit the PayPal website. When you try to access the website, you come across an error message saying that you don’t have permission to access “http://www.paypal.com/” on this server. This statement on your PC’s screen is enough to annoy you when you do not know why you are seeing this error message. Well, we shall try to find out the same here in this helpful article which would guide you through the process to fix the PayPal access denied issue.
Now, if you are wondering why you cannot access PayPal’s website, then you must note that this is an error that usually occurs when PayPal comes across any suspicious activity from your device/ PayPal account/ IP address. However, if you are sure that you haven’t done any such thing, then you should be able to get rid of this issue by following the easy instructions given hereby. Once done with that, you would be able to start making transactions again.
Ways to fix access denied PayPal issue
Method 1- Disable the VPN software, if any
Sometimes, the VPN on your device might restrict you from visiting certain websites. Therefore, you can disable the website temporarily and then re-try to access the website for which you are seeing PayPal access denied error.
- Open your device and right-click on the “Start” button.
- Then, tap on the “Run” option and type “ncpa.cpl” in it, and press “OK.”
- In the Control Panel, right-click on your VPN and choose “Disable.”
- Once you disable it, try accessing the same website again.
Method 2- opt for a premium VPN service
In case you are using an unpaid VPN service, then it might not work as effectively as a paid one. However, you may disable it using the instructions given above and retry to access the website and see if it helps resolve the issue. Else, you can also switch to a paid service to get more advanced features.
Method 3- Disable the proxy server
- The first thing you have to do is press the Win + S keys together.
- In it, type “Internet options” and choose the “Connections” tab.
- De-select the option reading as “Use a proxy server for your LAN.”
- Then, click “OK” to close the current window.
Method 4- Clear browser data
If you are using Chrome for accessing the websites, use the instructions given below to clear its data:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys simultaneously.
- After that, you need to navigate to the “Time range” drop-down.
- From the drop-down, choose “All time.”
- Now, select the boxes reading as “Browsing history, Cookies, and other site data.”
- Also, select the boxes “Cached images and files.”
- After that, choose the “Clear data” option.
This should definitely help fix the PayPal Access denied issue on your device.
Method 5- Reset the browser you are using
Reset the web browser you are using. In case you are using Chrome, then you may simply follow these steps to do so:
- In the search bar of your Chrome browser, type “chrome://settings/.”
- Now, click on the “Advanced” option.
- Now, choose the option that would restore your browser to factory defaults.
- Then, select the “Reset settings” button.
You can complete the browser-specific procedure if you wish to do the same in any other web browser.
Still seeing the same error and unable to make the transaction? Well, the last thing you can try is to use another device to access the website and see if it helps or not. If you cannot do the same via any other device as well, then there might be an issue with the server of that particular website. You can check if the website is facing outages or not.