In case you have made a transaction via Local Bitcoins Wallet and your transaction got stuck which is making you wonder how long will it take the transaction to get complete, then worry not. Because your transaction will eventually complete after a while. The BTC transactions you have made through any wallet will take some time to complete and sometimes they may take longer than usual due to some factors.
So, to answer the question asked by several users How long does it take to send or receive Bitcoins using my LocalBitcoins Wallet, I have compiled this article. Here, you will get to have a glance at the time period taken by any transaction to complete along with other necessary details you need to know about a delayed transaction.
You may continue reading this article to have a thorough understanding of the same.
General time-taken for a transaction to complete
In case there is no external or internal factor working upon the transaction you have made and everything is just fine with it, then you need no wait more than 10 to 60 minutes for a transaction to complete. In case you have made any mistakes while entering the details or there are not enough Bitcoins in your wallet, then the transaction will eventually fail after some time. However, you may not be notified about the same immediately.
What if your transaction is pending for a long?
In case you have waited for more than 60 minutes, then you must verify that the LocalBitcoins Wallet network is not experiencing any congestion. If this is the case, you might have to wait for longer than usual this time. Also, make sure that you have entered the Bitcoin wallet address correctly.
How do you check the status of your transaction?
You can always check the status of your transaction by using one of the online platforms that let you do so and following the instructions given below:
(Note: to check the status, you must know your transaction ID or the wallet address to which you have sent the Bitcoins and the number of Bitcoins you have sent.)
- To view the transaction details, go to the LocalBitcoins.com page.
- From here, go to the wallet transaction history page.
- Here, you can get the details of your transaction.
Once you have all these details, follow these steps:
- Go to a platform such as tradeblock.com.
- On the resulting page, type the receiving address.
- Else, type the transaction ID.
- To identify the transaction quickly, type the amount.
- Tap on the transaction about which you want to know.
- Look for the transaction confirmation details.
- If it has more than six confirmations, your transaction is completed.
- In case it shows 0-6 confirmations/unconfirmed status, then it means the transaction is still under process.
- If the transaction is not visible, it means the transaction has not been initiated yet.
In this document, we tried to cover the details regarding the time taken by a Bitcoin transaction to complete. Apart from this, we also learned the method to track our Bitcoin transactions so that we get to know whether it is confirmed or not.