As we all know that Venmo is a platform that supports payments from a wide range of payment options and you will be happy to know that Venmo also supports payments through gift cards. So, if you have recently received a gift card, then you can add it to your Venmo account as the payment option. However, there are some limitations for the same. You can only add the gift cards offered by a few brands to your Venmo account. To use the Venmo gift card or any other gift card as the payment option, you need to link that card to your Venmo account.
If you have a gift card that belongs to American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa, then only you will be able to add it as your payment option in Venmo. So, with no further delay, let’s jump right into learning the process to add a gift card to Venmo.
Steps to add visa gift card Venmo
If you have got a Visa gift card and wish to add it to your Venmo account, then you can follow the steps that are given below:
- Open the Venmo application on your smartphone
- Now, tap on the three horizontal lines to open the menu
- After this, you need to tap on the “Settings” option
- Then, go to the “Preferences” section and choose “Payment Methods”
- Now, you need to tap on the “Add bank or card” option from the list
- In the menu that shows up on your screen, select “Card”
- Enter your Visa gift card details or take a picture of it
- Also, provide the visa gift card zip code Venmo in the corresponding field
- Finally, you need to click on the “Add” option
- And, your card is linked with your Venmo account
Method to add AMEX gift card Venmo
If you have got any prepaid card including an AMEX gift card, then you can add it by referring to the section below:
- Open the Venmo application on your device
- Or, go to the official site of Venmo from your PC
- Now, log in with your Venmo login credentials
- Tap on the menu icon and select “Preferences”
- Next, choose to add a prepaid gift card to your account
- After this, provide your AMEX gift card or Venmo gift card details
- Also, provide the Venmo American express gift card zip code
- After providing the complete details, click on “Add”
Finally, you have added a gift card to your Venmo account.
Can I add a vanilla gift card to Venmo?
Since Vanilla gift cards are offered by Visa, therefore you can easily add a Vanilla gift card to your Venmo account. If you want to know the procedure to add Vanilla gift card Venmo, then you can follow the instructions that are listed here:
- Launch the Venmo app on your device
- After that, log in to your account
- Go to the menu tab and select “Preferences”
- Further, you can select the “Payment options”
- Now, you need to tap on the “Add card” option
- Add your Vanilla gift card details on the next page
- After this, verify your details and click on “Add”
- Finally, your card is added to your Venmo account
You can also activate Venmo card by navigating to the same menu and using the card activation option.
To add a Venmo gift card or any other gift card to your Venmo account as the payment option, you can always refer to this article. In case you are unable to follow any steps that are mentioned in this post, then you should ensure that the card is accepted as the payment method in Venmo. If it does not come under the list of accepted payment options, then you will never be able to add your card.