A user can simply add money to his PayPal account in different ways but the transaction would only be successful if you follow the correct method for it. So, to make it convenient for the users, I have listed down some of the efficient ways to add money to PayPal. A user can easily choose the method which he finds the most convenient and useful. Apart from the methods to add money to PayPal, this article also highlights the way through which one can avoid hurdles that he might be facing while adding money to PayPal.
How do I add money to PayPal without a bank account for free?
In case you want to add money to PayPal for free, then there is one simple method for the same. You can ask a friend or family to send you money on PayPal and you can pay him/her in cash. Or, you can visit a store to load your Cash App account and the procedure to do the same has been listed below:
- Download and launch the PayPal app on your device.
- Then, you need to tap on the ‘More’ option.
- After that, select the option reading as “Add Cash at Store.”
- Choose one of the stores where you want to add cash.
- It could either be 7-eleven, CVS, Walmart, or any other eligible store.
- Please note that you may be charged a small fee for the same.
- Then, select the ‘Generate Barcode’ option.
- This code is valid only for an hour or so.
- You can take this code to any store and ask the store representative to load money.
- Once they add money to your account, the amount will reflect in your balance in 15 minutes.
The method to add money to PayPal with a credit card
In case you wish to add money to your PayPal account using the credit card, then you must note that it is possible only if you link your card to it. Simply adding your card will be enough to use the money in your card via PayPal. This method will also apply if you want to put money to PayPal from a debit card. So, to link your card, follow the method given here:
- First of all, login to your PayPal account.
- For this simply navigate to paypal.com/us/signin
- After you log in, go to the ‘wallet’ section.
- Then, tap on the ‘Link a debit or credit card’ option.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
Once you link your card, you will able to use the money directly without having to put money to PayPal.
Method to add money to PayPal instantly with the prepaid card
To add money to PayPal instantly using the prepaid card you can simply use the ‘Direct Deposit’ method. If you have money in your PayPal Prepaid card, then you can simply use it from your PayPal account. Apart from this, you can also link your prepaid card as the bank account in your PayPal account for instant money transfer. Here is the method to link your prepaid card:
- First, sign in to PayPal and tap on the ‘Wallet’ icon at the top.
- Now, select ‘Link a bank account.’
- Then, search for a bank that does not exist.
- Then, tap on ‘Enter your bank details.’
- Now, choose ‘Checking’ and enter the routing number of your account.
- After that, enter the bank account number in the given spaces.
- Next up, choose ‘Agree and Link’ > ‘Request Deposit.’
- Complete some prompts and you are done.
You can also visit the link for adding money- http://www.paypal-prepaid.com/addmoney
If in some odd circumstances you can’t add money to PayPal then, make sure your bank has enough account balance to add the money. You must also check your internet connection because adding money requires a high-speed internet connection. Apart from this, you can also try to see if you are not violating any terms of PayPal or you are entering the correct details or not.