If you are using the financial services offered by Chime, then you must have created an account on the platform. However, there could be times, when you realize that you no longer require the services offered by Chime. So, in that case, you may be required to close the Chime account. But, before you close your Chime account, you need to keep in mind that you will not be able to use the Chime services until you sign up one more time.
Despite the fact that Chime allows users to have access to a wide range of financial services, it is probably the best ever financial technology company available in the crypto trading world. But, on the flip side, it is important to know the reason why users may still wish to close their Chime accounts. Even if they have some genuine reasons, it is important for them to learn the procedure to close the Chime account.
Therefore, in the sections below, we will be covering all these topics one by one so that you can understand the whole concept behind closing a Chime account. So, let’s begin.
Learn why people want to delete Chime account
As we already know that Chime comes with features that are not available with other banks, therefore it may be difficult for you to understand what is leading people to discontinue using its services. So, the listed points will help you understand the reason why people wish to close Chime account:
- Non-availability of physical bank branches
- It is difficult for customers to fix issues with their accounts as they are not able to meet the bank representatives in person
- When we speak about the Chime Credit Card, we get to know that it does not actually work as a credit card and has many drawbacks attached to it
- In addition to this, the higher Chime fee is something that makes users more dissatisfied with this service
What is the Chime account closing fee?
Now that you know why a lot of people wish to close their Chime accounts, it is very important for all such users to have more knowledge about the account closing fee. Well, the only good part, according to me, is that you will not be charged any fee to close your Chime account. All you need to do is submit the account closure request and you will be able to get your account closed without having to pay any charge.
The process to close a Chime account
To close a Chime account, you need to follow the steps that are listed below:
- The first thing that you need to do is withdraw all the balance available in your account
- Next up, you need to unlink all the related accounts
- Now, unlink all the cards that you have linked with your account
- Followed by this, you simply need to make sure that your account balance is not negative
- After this, you can submit the account closure request to finally close your account
How do you re-open the closed Chime account?
To re-open your Chime account, you need to make sure that you have access to the details that you had linked with your previous account. Although account re-opening is not guaranteed, you may need to speak to the Chime Customer Support team to get it confirmed. In case you are not able to reopen a closed Chime account, you need to open a new account with them.
Chime closed my account where is my money?
If you find out that Chime has closed your account unexpectedly and now you wish to know where gone all the funds that you’ve stored over your account, then you must note that Chime has a dedicated customer support service. By speaking to a Chime representative you will be able to resolve your queries and problems you might be facing.
How do you delete Amazon chime account online?
To delete your Amazon Chime account, you need to remove the user from the account list, and here is how it is done:
- To begin the process, log in to your account
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu present under “Accounts”
- Here, you need to look for the “Users” page
- Now, choose the user you wish to remove and then delete his account
Does Chime close inactive accounts?
Chime does not close your account in case you do not use it for a long. However, if you take any action that breaks the general terms of usage of a Chime account holder, then they may close your account without informing you. Therefore, it is essential that you take note of the Chime terms of usage and only work according to the set rules.
Read – How to log in as a Chime member through the phone?
In a Nutshell:
As you can see, it is very easy to close a Chime account. In a few simple steps, you can make sure that your account is closed. However, before you go ahead with the account closure, make sure that there are no remaining funds in your account. Otherwise, you may not be able to access your funds ever. In addition to this, you also need to ensure that the account balance is not negative.