Apple Pay is a smarter solution to pay or get paid in the blink of an eye. This payment service has been specifically developed for iOS users so that they can make online transactions or split their bills. You can make payment for your share of pizza or buying different things online. Thus, if you have recently signed up on Apple Pay and want to know how to pay someone with Apple Pay, then you should give this article a read.
The method to pay as well as receive payment through Apple Pay is quick and simple. But, there is one condition to it. The person you are sending money to has to be a user of Apple Pay as well. Otherwise, it would be a complete waste of time and time. So, make sure that the person you are paying to is already using the Apple Pay service. If not, you can invite him to join it and you both might get rewarded.
Coming back to our main topic, let us shed some light on how to pay someone with Apple Pay.
Ways to send someone money with Apple Pay
There are several ways through which you can send money using Apple Pay. When you make a payment, the money shall directly be debited from your Apple Cash. However, if you wish, you can change the money deduction method from Apple Cash to a linked Debit card.
Via the Messages app on your iPhone/iPad-
- First, you should open the “Messages” app on your device
- Now, open an existing conversation or start a new one instead
- After that, select the “Apple Pay” button
- Then, enter the amount you wish to send
- Choose the “Pay” option and then click on the “Send” icon
- To confirm it, use your Touch ID/ Face ID/ Passcode
The person to whom you have sent the money has to accept your payment to get it. If he doesn’t accept it, you still have time to cancel your payment.
Via Apple watch-
- On your Apple Watch, open the “Messages” app
- Tap on an existing conversation
- Or, choose a new conversation
- Now, scroll down to find and tap on the “Apple Pay” icon
- Change the amount using plus and minus signs
- Finally, tap on the “Pay” option
- Then, review your payment
- You should double-click the side button to confirm it
Ask Siri to pay someone with Apple Pay
If you have an Apple device on which you have enabled Siri, your virtual assistant, then you may ask it to send someone money with Apple Pay.
- For this, you simply need to wake up your iPhone or iPad
- Then, say “Hey Siri” and wait for its response
- Now, say a phrase like “Send $15 to Jack for pizza”
- When it asks you to choose your payment method, respond to it by saying “Apple Pay”
Please note that your payment will not be completed in case there is not enough balance in your Apple Pay wallet or the linked debit card. If the other person is not using an iOS or WatchOS, then you may not be able to avail of the Apple Pay payment facility. Thus, we have successfully concluded how you can pay someone with Apple Pay in just a few simple steps. If you are unsure that the other person is using Apple Pay or not, then you should avoid sending any money before assuring the same from him.