Setting a PIN for all your payment apps is the first thing you do to ensure that nobody can gain unauthorized access to your application. So, if you are a Samsung Pay user, then you must have created a PIN so that only you can access it. However, it is a fact that you may not be able to remember all the passwords and PINs you have created over time and Samsung Pay PIN is no exception here. You might be viewing this post because you have forgotten your PIN and now you want to know the Samsung Pay PIN reset method. Therefore, in this post, we shall try to know what needs to be done if someone forgot Samsung Pay PIN.
Can I reset my Samsung Pay PIN?
In case you have forgotten your Samsung Pay PIN and wish to reset it, then there is no direct way to do so. However, there is another way round to get hold of your Samsung Pay again. You need to do a simple trick for doing Samsung Pay PIN reset. All you have got to do is reset the Samsung Pay application and then complete the registration process the same as you have done as a first-time user. After you complete the process, you simply can create a new password, and you are done.
Method to reset your Samsung Pay PIN
Step 1- Reset the Samsung Pay application
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your phone.
- Now, locate and tap on the ‘Apps’ option.
- Here, you need to select ‘Samsung Pay.’
- From the available options, choose ‘Force Stop.’
- After that, go to the ‘Storage’ option.
- Next up, choose ‘Clear Cache.’
- This should be followed by choosing ‘Clear data.’
- Now, you need to re-open Samsung Pay.
- And, then follow some easy on-screen instructions.
- Now, go to the next step.
Step 2- create a new PIN
After you have reset the app, you need to add your cards again and create a new PIN as well. To set up your PIN, follow these steps:
- Launch the Samsung Pay app on your device.
- Once you open the app, tap ‘Get Started.’
- You will be asked to enter a new PIN.
- After creating the new PIN, enter it again.
- You have to now add your cards.
Step 3- add your cards again
- Open Samsung Pay and tap on ‘Menu’ at the top-left.
- After that, select the ‘Cards’ option.
- Now, select the ‘Add Card’ icon.
- Then, choose ‘Add credit/debit card.’
- To register your card, follow some easy prompts.
After you complete this process, you need to be sure that you do not forget the Samsung pay pin again.
Hopefully, the Samsung Pay PIN reset method that is given here will definitely help you in resetting your PIN if you forgot Samsung Pay PIN. After you reset your PIN and create a new PIN, make sure you do not forget it because you might not be given more chances to reset the app and add your cards again and again. In case you still have any queries, you can simply navigate to the official website of Samsung and learn more about Samsung and the ways to use it.